Marketing Manager Innovation and Commercialization–Product Line Specific
Location: Cincinnati, OH
The Marketing Manager Innovation and Commercialization will have marketing leadership responsibility for specific product lines and markets and will have accountability for the strategy and execution of marketing for the current products/markets as well as the innovation and commercialization pipeline for the new product lines.
• Market Insights: Identify profit growth opportunities for existing products and services within product lines. Conduct research, create plans, policies and programs to take advantage of these opportunities. Supervise market activities including gaining approval and funding, facilitating work for the development team and implementing distribution and stocking programs. Engagements with accounts to stay current.
• Product Development and Innovation: Research, select, justify and recommend new products and modifications to existing products to build their product line’s innovation pipeline. Proactively recommends elimination of products and services from the line based on market-insights and/or financial rationale. Supervise products and service development programs including gaining approval and funding, defining product features, facilitating the team and introducing the products to the market.
• Strategic Planning: Develop annual marketing plans for the assigned product lines, defining the goals, strategies, budgets and specific executions for development of products and markets.
• Pricing Strategy & Maintenance: Identify market-back pricing strategy for product line. Determine the price structure and policy for all products and serves as the final decision maker on pricing.
• Advertising and Promotion: In conjunction with the Marketing Communication Manager, conduct advertising and promotion campaigns consistent with the goals, strategies, and budgets in the marketing plans. Participate in appropriate trade shows and create appropriate training and support materials for sales.
• Project Management and Commercialization: Act as the project manager by leading a diverse cross-functional team (Engineering, Manufacturing, Finance, Customer Service, Sales and Supply Chain) to develop and execute project objectives, key milestones/technical requirements, identification of possible risks/barriers, and the resources required to deliver the projects on budget and time.
• Identification of Trends and Environmental Factors: Stay abreast of outside factors which affect our business such as competition, political, economics, and market trends. Translate those observations and/or trends to proactive recommendations to senior leadership.
• Spokesperson for the Segment: Communicate value propositions, strategies, policies, and market trends to the organization. Represent the company and product line to the press, trade, and social media.
• Culture of Marketing & Innovation: Play a key role in building and advocating for a culture of market-back insights and innovation and is seen as a leader in strategic thinking and creative ideation while demonstrating unmatched passion for their end market.
• Bachelor’s Degree, MBA a plus.
• Experience leading innovation projects from insight to commercialization using market research/insights discovery and innovation stage-gate processes.
• Confidence in Excel, PowerPoint, and database-driven ERP & CRM applications.
• Experience in marketing tools (such as Mekko Graphics, blueprinting, data analysis, trend analysis and ideation).
• Ideally more than five years of experience in B2B product marketing and product development.
• Strong organizational skills and project management with cross-functional teams.
• Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills and strong financial acumen to develop clear and fact-based recommendations.
5080 Wooster Rd.
Cincinnati, OH 45226