Technical Applications Sales Manager - Composites
Location: Cincinnati Area
Salary: Based on Experience
Our client, a leading and innovative global equipment manufacturer, is seeking a Technical Applications Sales Manager to work with customers to determine the best solution for their applications. Reporting to the Director of Technical Sales & Market Development, this position is accountable for sales and distribution activities related to composites processing equipment within assigned territory. This will include forecasting, prospecting and helping to secure orders from new and existing customers as well as effectively managing relationships with both the customer and the factory. The Technical Applications Sales Manager is also responsible for mentoring and developing sales representatives and distributors, providing training so they can effectively sell the technical features, benefits, and advantages of using the company’s equipment for processing composites materials.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ DUTIES:
- Work with customers to define equipment specifications for composites material applications.
- Deliver and review equipment quotes with the customer; answer technical and commercial questions.
- Work closely with the factory (manufacturing/supply chain) to effectively communicate customer order content.
- Communicate technical and commercial concepts to internals engineering, supply chain, and leadership teams.
- Grow market share by further penetration into existing accounts and by adding a significant number of new accounts.
- Drive pricing to maximize margins while retaining wanted business.
- Develop and deliver on sales forecast commitments to support company financial plans.
- Understand competitive offerings and articulate equipment features, benefits, and value to the customer.
- Work with Finance and Legal departments to evaluate and complete equipment purchase contracts.
- Meet with people at all levels within a customer’s organization to understand and assess issues and align solutions while seeking out business opportunities.
- Represent the company at trade association meetings and shows and regularly review trade publications to monitor technical trends and general market intelligence.
- Prepare reports for customer visits and present weekly reports to management detailing sales efforts, customer relationships, competitive activity/strategies, and any customer issues related to company performance.
- Participate in weekly calls with the Technical Sales Director, CEO and CFO to provide status of active quotes
- Requires 4-7 years or more of experience in a fast-paced capital goods/equipment environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or other technical discipline.
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding of composites processing & materials as well as the ability to read and understand blueprints and drawings.
- Demonstrated ability to assess customer needs, meet quality standards for services, and evaluate customer satisfaction
- Proven negotiation skills with knowledge of value selling techniques and ability to implement sales strategies
- Ability to manage complex accounts and understanding of financial impacts of commercial decisions.
- Excellent presentation, written, and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and CRM applications (i.e. SalesForce).
- Ability to travel up to 50%
Jason Boehm, Vice President
5080 Wooster Rd. | Suite 300
Cincinnati, OH 45226
P: 513.842-6630 Direct