Fulfillment Operations Manager
Location: Cincinnati Area
Salary: Based on Experience
Our client, an international supplier and distributor of consumer products, is seeking a Fulfillment Manager to join their team. Reporting to the Director of Business Operations, this position will be responsible for driving operational efficiencies and best practices for their warehouse and fulfillment operations. This role will also oversee daily operations, including fulfillment processes, inbound receiving, picking & packing operations, and all outbound shipping operations. The Fulfillment Manager is a key role that is crucial in maintaining the continuous operation of the facility and helping to improve efficiency.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ DUTIES:
- Contribute to the design and process flow of a warehouse operating model to optimize the customer experience while reducing the number of touch points warehouse associates have with the customer’s packages.
- Drive organizational change, manage fulfillment and inventory accuracy improvement programs to support growth.
- Work proactively with vendors to ensure continuous improvement and optimal production solutions for new and existing materials and concepts as well as fulfillment packing, distribution and postal requirements with a strong customer focus.
- Evaluate, recommend, and support implementation of improved IT tools in warehousing and shipping to drive operational effectiveness.
- Help ensure that all facility infrastructure and equipment is maintained in a safe and efficient operating condition.
- Lead staff of managers responsible for all fulfillment center activities.
- Responsible for planning, implementation, and control of the staffing requirements necessary to fulfill the customers’ orders in a timely and efficient manner.
- Lead, develop, and coach warehouse and shipping management in implementation and use of best practices.
- Build and develop strong warehouse leadership with a focus on developing capacity and future leaders from within.
- Promote a respectful work environment and recruit, develop and retain a qualified, motivated and productive employee base -- Leads by example and willing to perform any function in the facility.
- Analyze, monitor and drive key performance and accuracy metrics against internal labor and delivery standards.
- Requires 5+ years of experience in a Fulfillment, Warehousing, Logistics, and/or Distribution environment along with an in depth understanding of best practices and metrics. Management/Supervisory experience is a plus.
- Background successfully implementing continuous improvement techniques that result in improved efficiency across operations and departments.
- Demonstrated project management, planning, scheduling, and organizational skills. Experience in creating, analyzing, and maintaining budgets
- Excellent communication skills along with the ability to build strong relationships with internal teams and vendors.
- Hands-on, proactive attitude with the ability to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong computer skills including Inventory Management Systems and MS Office (MS Access is a plus).
Jason Boehm, Vice President
5080 Wooster Rd. | Suite 300
Cincinnati, OH 45226