Director of Operations
Location: Cincinnati Area
Salary: Based on Experience
Our client, an industry leading international equipment manufacturer, is seeking a Director of Operations to lead Manufacturing, Quality, Purchasing, Materials, and Logistics for the organization. The position will report to the company President and will be responsible for managing operational and project budgets and driving lean/continuous improvement processes. As the leader of the Cincinnati location, the Director of Operations will also work with the President to develop growth strategies and long term vision.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ DUTIES:
- Lead and manage Lean Manufacturing strategies related to inventory control, scheduling, and manufacturing to ensure quicker delivery of final product while ensuring customer expectations are met.
- Ensure compliance with customer requirements, regulatory standards, and production schedules.
- Drive Continuous Improvement mentality through the organization
- Increasing the focus on Safety and Maintenance to ensure operation of equipment and employee awareness of workplace Health & Safety practices and policies.
- Ensure Quality standards are met and continually develop a culture quality awareness and focus.
- Identify potential bottlenecks and optimize raw materials and production to meet expanding volume potential.
- Mentor and develop personnel, providing overall leadership to employees, successfully motivating, coaching, and infusing a spirit of craftsmanship in the organization.
- Responsible for employee evaluations, training, discipline, and continuing employee development to help ensure a versatile work force.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in a metal fabrication environment, including 5 years in a leadership role.
- Bachelor’s Degree in operations management or engineering (mechanical, metallurgical, industrial, etc.) is required.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and a background driving change.
- Strong operational and strategic management background with a hands-on, entrepreneurial approach to drive goals and growth plans through the organization.
- Practical knowledge of production processes (stamping, forming, welding, etc.) and ASME code.
- Proven background implementing lean manufacturing principles.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
Jason Boehm, Vice President
5080 Wooster Rd. | Suite 300
Cincinnati, OH 45226