Location: Cincinnati Area
Salary: Based on Experience
Our client, an innovative Cincinnati based manufacturing company, is seeking an experienced engineer to help lead major engineering projects and product development efforts. The Lead Engineer will report to the VP of Engineering and will have a primary focus on the transfer of product design to manufacturing with OEM partners as well as participating in the design of new & existing products, from the concept phase through production.
- Provide recommendations regarding project plans, schedules, cost, technical hurdles, and business decisions.
- Assist in developing requirements for engineering projects and budgets.
- Develop and oversee testing of new products to ensure conformance to applicable requirements.
- Identify and evaluate opportunities for new technologies and participate in product design, including providing production ready drawing and models.
- Work with the Quality Department to define problem areas and implement product improvements as needed.
- Interact with Sales & Marketing on engineering design questions and concerns
- Interact with vendors concerning parts they supply or propose to supply to company
- Coordinate and communicate, as needed, with internal groups including Purchasing, Quality, Sales, and Operations
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of engineering development and project leadership experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Understanding of manufacturing processes (i.e. injection molding, casting, stamping, or machining)
- Knowledge of 3D solid modeling (i.e. SolidWorks, Unigraphics, Pro-E, etc.)
- Ability to travel up to 25%
5080 Wooster Rd. | Suite 300
Cincinnati, OH 45226