Electrical Design Engineer
Location: Cincinnati Area
Salary: $80,000 – $100,000
Our client, an innovative and well known equipment manufacturer based in the Cincinnati Area, has an immediate need for an experienced Electrical Design Engineer to focus on developing custom-engineered electrical systems for high-tech equipment. This person will report to the Engineering Manager and be responsible for the design of all electrical hardware, power panels, cables, and schematics. This will include providing innovative original technical design, project leadership, sales and service support, and overall electrical system architecture.
- Responsible for the complete and full electrical design which includes interface with the mechanical engineers, laying out the elementary diagrams, design and layout of the power cabinets, picking components, and laying out equipment cables.
- Work with the Bid & Proposal team to review customer needs & specifications as it relates to the electrical requirements. Provide technical responses & hours estimates, create project schedules.
- Participate in cross-functional design teams from the product specification stage through implementation and product shipment. Work with team members to improve system performance, system design, and reduce product cost and assembly time.
- Work with Assembly to promote efficient & proper system startup, functionality, and design validation.
- Responsible for the hardware system design and supports hardware and electrical functionality system debugging. Maintains project cost targets and schedules to ensure projects are on track; provides updates on project status as required.
- Lead and direct outside engineering contractor resources when required.
- Works with the installation teams to promote efficient & effective machine installs with acceptance at customers facilities with on-site support when required.
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline
At least 7 – 10 years of electrical design experience with 3-5 years in the equipment/machinery industry
Experience with schematic creation and maintenance, bills of materials, complex power panel design, and multi axis servo systems hardware design
Knowledge of commercial cabling systems and configuration and sensor interfaces and technology
Experience with Siemens and Fanuc CNC applications and PLC’s is a huge plus,
Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with the ability to communicate design ideas in a team environment.
Creative thinker with ability to impact the direction of products and meet deadlines.
Any experience with sensor interfaces and/or motion control systems is a plus, but not required.
5080 Wooster Rd. | Suite 300
Cincinnati, OH 45226