Director of Engineering
Location: Dayton, OH Area
Salary: Based on Experience
Our client, an innovative global equipment manufacturer, is seeking a Director of Engineering to lead electronic product development for the company. This position will focus on software/firmware design for new products from the concept, specification, and design phases through production, as well as overseeing redesign of existing products and all hardware development. This will include leading and developing the electronics engineering staff, managing departmental and project budgets, and driving new design processes and a culture of creativity and innovation.
- Provide strategic direction for the department and develop a yearly plan including research & development of new tehnologies, new product development activities, hiring needs, and continuous improvement initiatives & enhancement of design processes.
- Manage and develop annual budget as well as creating future plans for upcoming capital needs in the department.
- Direct design activities to ensure reliability, safety and performance objectives and support intellectual property.
- Develop and grow electrical engineering staff to include assessing curent technical skills of the department, determining any skills gaps and future needs, and succession planning activities.
- Work across multiple departments to ensure a timely and coordinated design/ development process and smooth transition to manufacturing, resulting in a final product that meets customer needs and specifications.
- Drive a culture of innovation and create, establish, and implement proven product development processes to ensure timely launch of new products.
- At least 10 years of related embedded electronics design experience, ideally for capital equipment.
- Requires 5 years of expereincce leading and managing a new product development team.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and a background driving change and new processes.
- Experience overseeing software/firmware development teams.
- Knowledge of IoT technologies is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively lead cross-functional teams.
Jason Boehm, Vice President
5080 Wooster Rd. | Suite 300
Cincinnati, OH 45226