Machining Process Development Engineer
Location: Cincinnati Area
Salary: Based on Experience
Our client, an innovative provider of customized solutions to improve manufacturing performance and technology, is seeking a Machining Process Development Engineer to join their team. Reporting to the VP of Engineering, this position will be responsible for helping clients identify, improve, optimize, and implement machining processes as well as determining the most effective use of their machines, materials and people. Additionally, the Process Development Engineer will manage multiple projects and work directly with clients to develop the most effective ways to machine parts/products that best support their business strategy.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ DUTIES:
- Work with customer to develop machining process plans for both simple and complex machined parts across multiple industries. Process plans will include order of operations, selection of fixturing, cutting tools, machining parameters, required post processing & manual operations, and minor assembly as required.
- Perform on-site assessments of clients’ current manufacturing processes and determine process runtime and total costs through use of proprietary software. Develop recommendations for improvements, from the system level through the detailed machining level, including process based alternatives and machining process plan options to meet customer objectives (i.e. reducing manufacturing cost or cycle time, improve sourcing capability, lower scrap levels, etc.)
- Utilize Engineering and Machining Laboratory resources to validate specific recommendations.
- Managing multiple projects, including data collection (drawings, 3D models, process specifications etc.), data analysis, and presentation of data to meet the customer expectations.
- Build and maintain confidence of client decision makers by sharing information about best machining strategies, practices, and modern technologies. Effectively interface with client personnel at all levels and present briefings and reports to them either virtually or in person.
- Assist in the development of project proposals, manage project budgets, and provide timely internal reports to management. Consult with appropriate project team members to discuss progress and resolve any issues. Review results of completed projects and recommend improvements in methods or materials.
- Continue R&D efforts in machining and grinding, including developing, testing and analyzing techniques to increase knowledge of advanced machining systems and aid in the transition of knowledge to the industry.
- Maintain active awareness of manufacturing technologies and techniques through professional development programs, especially state of the practice information concerning machining.
- Requires 10 years of experience in machining.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience in machining process development.
- Demonstrated project management, planning, scheduling, and organizational skills.
- Proficient in the use of CAD/CAM software (i.e. Unigraphics, Catia, etc.) and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work directly with customers, cross functional teams, and vendors.
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to communicate technical information to people at all levels, from shop floor personnel to company executives.
Jason Boehm, Vice President
5080 Wooster Rd. | Suite 300
Cincinnati, OH 45226