Senior Controls Engineer
Location: Eastern Wisconsin Area
Salary: Based on Experience
Our client, an innovative global equipment manufacturer, is seeking a Manufacturing & Value Stream Manager to help lead manufacturing and drive lean manufacturing initiatives. Reporting to the Director of Operations, this position will be responsible for assembly department planning and scheduling as well as managing all department personnel. Additionally, the Manufacturing & Value Stream Manager will lead Continuous Improvement efforts to ensure quality standards, customer specifications, and cost requirements are met.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ DUTIES:
- Provide technical leadership to ensure an understanding of technical information and specifications. This includes coordinating and implementing the most effective and economical methods to produce and deliver the highest quality components.
- Create cost effective processes and define/organize workflow within department to ensure on-time build schedule.
- Manage and develop standard process documentation for build costs & timelines to meet ISO 14001 requirements.
- Drive and implement continuous improvement efforts for the department including Value Stream Mapping and Lean Manufacturing principles that align with the overall company manufacturing strategy.
- Participate in budget planning, P/L forecasting and manpower planning of department
- Work with vendors, other departments, and management regarding potential issues.
- Mentor and develop personnel, providing overall leadership to employees, successfully motivating, coaching, and training staff on new processes and equipment.
- Responsible for employee evaluations, discipline, resolving issues, interviewing, and continuing employee development to help ensure a versatile work force and rewarding career. This will also include managing the Manufacturing Apprentice Program.
- Requires 8-10 years of experience in a manufacturing environment, including at least 5 years in a supervisory role.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related field.
- Demonstrated leadership, planning, production scheduling, and organizational skills.
- Strong operational and strategic management background with a hands-on, entrepreneurial approach to drive goals and growth plans through the organization.
- Practical knowledge of ISO standards, safety regulations, and ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Proven background driving Continuous Improvement efforts with at least 3 years of experience implementing Lean Manufacturing principles and Value Stream mapping in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate with cross functional teams, vendors, and customers.
- Ability to travel occasionally
This position offers a competitive salary, bonus program, comprehensive benefits and the opportunity for career growth. For consideration, please email your resume and cover letter to Jason Boehm
Jason Boehm, Vice President
5080 Wooster Rd. | Suite 300
Cincinnati, OH 45226