Location: Cincinnati Area
Salary: Based on Experience
Our client, an innovative global equipment manufacturer, is seeking an Applications Engineer to join their team. Reporting to the Applications Engineering Manager, this position will be responsible for the design, planning and coordination of mechanical and software integration of the assigned machinery, equipment, controls and processes to deliver solutions for customer manufacturing processing problems. Additionally, the Applications Engineer will lead projects and serve as a liaison between the point of contact for customers and vendors.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ DUTIES
- Proactively attains a safe and healthy work environment for all employees.
- Reviews and analyzes customer part manufacturing requirements.
- Assists in developing proposals including time studies, machine type recommendations, fixture and tooling requirements, turnkey and teamkey concepts, and the pricing of such for customers.
- Follows a project from proposal to installation.
- Consults with customers on manufacturing applications and issues.
- Tests alternative techniques and methods; recommends changes in procedures, equipment, or practices as needed.
- Provides training to internal and customer personnel as needed.
- Keeps aware of recent technological improvements; keeps up professional development.
- Visits customer facilities to support introduction of systems into production and/or to identify and resolve processing problems (doing so potentially under pressure and on short notice).
- Provides market vision, direction and feedback to management.
- Prepares and makes presentations on product processes and products.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally to customer and/or vendor locations as well as potentially working "off-shifts" to handle urgent business needs
- Requires 2-10 years of experience in innovative manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related field.
- Demonstrated project management, planning, scheduling, and organizational skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project as well as working knowledge of SAP (or similar system)
- Controls/software programming experience is a huge plus, but not required.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate with cross functional teams, vendors, and customers.
- Ability to travel up to 75%
Jason Boehm, Vice President
5080 Wooster Rd.
Cincinnati, OH 45226